Monday, April 10, 2017

HOW LONG IS IT TAKING YOU?



If you are anything like I was, it’s taking longer than it needs to be.

In the Book of Numbers in the Old Testament of the Bible, Chapter 11, Moses gives us an example of what we can do when we're under stress. Talk about pressure, he was leading the Israelites through the wilderness on what should have been an eleven day trip and instead ended up taking forty years! This prompted me to take a look at my own life and recall how long it took me to surrender completely to God, and to be obedient to an instruction that was given to me by Him. This made my journey towards walking in my purpose and calling, more challenging and longer than necessary. 

How long is it taking you to surrender or be obedient to something God has instructed you to do?  What are you allowing to hold you up?  Is it fear, doubt, disbelief, hurt, disappointments, trust, opinions, selfishness, pride, or something else?

Whatever it may be, when we decide to do things our own way, what we are saying is that we do not trust or have faith that God knows what’s best for us; has our best interest in mind; knows the best way for us to accomplish it, or how to get there.  We are also opening the door for our journey to be longer and to be filled with unnecessary trials and tribulations. 

Think about a parent who wants the best for his/her child, or can see a bad outcome to a situation based on his/her own personal experience. What does that parent do? They share this information with their child, they instruct him/her, and they guide him/her towards the path that’s more likely to produce the best outcome. However, when that child decides not to take the advice, wisdom, or direction that is given, it will often put him/her in situations that could have been avoided.  This is no different when Christ is providing us with wisdom through His word, giving us instructions, or guiding us.
(I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Psalms 32:8 ESV)

Our lives are often parallel to the Israelites in that we often walk around in situations that God didn’t desire us to be in, nor did He intend for us to be in them for as long as we are.  Often, these situations could have been avoided if we were only obedient. Yet, our lack of faith, fear, selfishness, pride, distractions, or other fleshly desires got in the way; thus, making our journey to reach our destination longer then needed.  Your destination could be a new job, a new home, a new vehicle, a call into the ministry, writing a book, or opening a business.  Whatever your purpose or destination, God has instructed you to go forth; but, if you are allowing the distractions of life and your lack of faith and disobedience to get in the way, you are holding up your own blessings.   

Now ask yourself the question again, along with three others.  How long is it taking me to get to my destination?  How long am I going to hold up my own blessings? What is blocking me? What do I plan to do about it?
(“And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God.” Deuteronomy 28:1-2 ESV)

Be Encouraged
Evangelist Steele



© Copyright 2017 Just A Diva Encouraging Ministries, All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and I pray that you were blessed.