Sunday, July 3, 2016

Having Peace in the Middle



Praise the Lord!!! When I think about the GOODNESS of Jesus and ALL that He has done for me, my soul cries out Hallelujah!

I greet you in the matchless name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I pray all is well with you on this day.  Today I want to uplift and encourage those that are going through their storms, especially those that are right in the middle of their storm and feel like throwing in the towel.

When I would hear the meteorologist say prepare for a storm coming our way, then begin to tell us what type of storm we should be expecting, which could be anything from high winds and heavy rain to thundering, lightening, hail, and at times, even tornado warnings.  I would immediately begin the necessary preparations needed to go through the storm.  From making sure outside furniture is secure, unplugging certain things, to making sure our electronics (phones, etc.) are fully charged; thus, giving me a peace that everything would survive whatever storm we got.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we got a news flash right before the storm(s) in our life came? 

Our storms can manifest themselves in many forms, just like the different storms the meteorologist would warn us about.  But instead of us looking for our storms to be flashed crossed a screen to warn us of their coming, as saints of God our news flash has already come from the word of God.  (2 Corinthians 4:8-10(NLT) We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. 9 We are hunted down but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.  We may not know ahead of time which type of storm is coming mental, physical, emotional, financial or spiritual but one thing we do know is that God has also given us the necessary things for preparation. (Ephesians 6:1-18).

I began to understand that preparation was very important.  I learned that in order to be prepared for the storms that will come in my life, I had to stay prayed up.  In God’s Face, Will, and Word while putting on the whole armor of God.  See, I understood that there were times in the deepest part of my storm which was often in the middle of it, that I would get weary.  But the prayers that I had stored up and the Word that I had hidden in my heart would take over.  The enemy desires nothing more than to have us focusing on everything that’s going wrong while going through our storms.   But God desires us to have peace while going through.  You won’t be able to find this kind of peace anywhere.  Not in an alcohol bottle, drugs, another person, nor the preacher. It’s the kind of peace you can only find in Christ.  I remember people looking at me like I was crazy and wanted to know why I was praising and worshiping God when everything around me was going wrong and I should be crying, or be filled with despair.  The only answer I could give them was “God has given me peace.”  (Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT) 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus).

No matter what you are going through right now and I know at times it may even look like the enemy is winning, you must trust and believe that the Lord has not left you, He is right there.  Sometimes Jesus will calm the storms in your life.  Other times He will act like an anchor that you can tie yourself to.  Still other times, Jesus will offer Himself as shelter so that you can weather the storm in His protection and under His wings.  But rest assured, as the scriptures say, He will never leave you nor forsake you and because of this, we can have peace in the middle of our storm (Deuteronomy 31:6).

Remember God will give you the kind of peace that will wipe every tear from your eyes.  It’s a peace that will give you courage, it’s a peace that will give you unspeakable joy, it’s a peace that holds you together, it’s a peace that will lift you up when you are down, it’s a peace that will strengthen you when you feel like throwing in the towel, and it’s a peace that will keep your heart and mind. It is a keeping peace.  It’s a peace that the world can’t understand. (John 12:27 (NLT) 27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.)


Now go and rest in the peace of God!!!


Evangelist Steele
Be Encouraged!!!



© Copyright 2016 Just A Diva Encouraging Ministries, All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment and I pray that you were blessed.